SD&G OPP NEWS
(STORMONT DUNDAS & GLENGARRY, ON) – The SD&G Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) are investigating several incidents after responding to 198 calls for service from Friday September 28, 2018 to Monday October 1, 2018.
Among these occurrences, SD&G OPP responded to:
– 5 Motor Vehicle collision
– 14 calls for Police assistance
– 10- 911 calls
– 16 traffic complaints
– 5 Traffic enforcement occurrence’s
– 15 RIDE Programs
– 2 neighbour disputes
– 5 Traffic hazards
– 2 Fraud related calls
– 2 Domestic disputes
– 11 thefts
– 2 harassment calls
– 3 Mischief calls
– 1 sudden death investigation
– 6 suspicious activity calls
– 1 unwanted person call
– 1 stolen vehicle
(SOUTH GLENGARRY, ON) – On September 28, 2018 at approximately 12:23pm, Stormont Dundas & Glengarry Ontario Provincial Police responded to a report of a Boat being taken from a property on County Road 2, South Glengarry Township. Investigation indicated that sometime in the previous weeks, a 17 foot white duck boat with a 70hp mariner engine was stolen.
(NORTH GLENGARRY, ON) – On September 28, 2018 at approximately 3:22pm, Stormont Dundas & Glengarry Ontario Provincial Police responded to a report of a theft at a property on Binnette Road, North Glengarry Township. Investigation indicated that sometime in the previous days culprits entered a property and removed a King generator and Stihl weed eater from the location.
DRUGS SEIZED AT TRAFFIC STOP
(SOUTH DUNDAS,ON) – On September 29, 2018 at approximately 10:28pm, a Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry (SD&G) Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officer intercepted a vehicle while conducting a RIDE check on County Road 18, South Dundas Township. The stop resulted in the seizure of a quantity of suspected marihuana. Further investigation revealed that the male’s driving privileges had been disqualified.
The male driver, John HARDY (52) of South Stormont Township, Ontario was arrested and charged with;
– Possession of a Controlled Substance ( 2 counts)
– Driving while disqualified ( 2 counts)
– Fail To comply with probation order ( 2 counts)
– Drive while under suspension (Highway Traffic Act)
He was held in custody (bail) and scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall.
(SD&G) – On September 29/30, 2018 Ontario Provincial Police officers conducted speed measuring enforcement in SD&G and intercepted the following vehicles for traveling at excessive speeds. The vehicles were impounded and the driver’s permits seized for seven (7) days in accordance to policy and were all charged with Stunt Driving (Highway Traffic Act).
– September 29, 2018 – 9:21pm (South Glengarry); vehicle stopped traveling 162km/h (100km/h zone)(Highway 401). Male driver from: Quebec
– September 29, 2018 – 11:04pm (South Glengarry); vehicle stopped traveling 162km/h (100km/h zone)(Highway 401).Female driver from: Quebec
– September 30, 2018 – 10:57am (South Glengarry); vehicle stopped traveling 143km/h (80km/h zone)(County Road 34).Male driver from Ontario.
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION ON THE ABOVE OR ANY CRIME IS ASKED TO CALL SD&G OPP AT 1-888-310-1122 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 1-800-222-8477.