Cornwall Ontario – It’s going to be a sad season in Montreal. Like many others I have no idea why such a legendary team has run itself into the ground.
The team just named Shea Weber Captain. Honestly they should be trying to salvage value and be looking to move him. Or then perhaps they should’ve named PK Subban captain a few years ago…
I digress. Here are 13 points and predictions for the new season.
1) Alex Galchenyuk will have a better season at centre for Arizona than any Hab.
2) Montreal will all in for Hughes by the All Star break.
3) Defense will be the downfall of the team. As much as I feel the Carey Price contract was insane, I feel bad that he won’t be able to rebound with the team in front of him. The D’s weaknesses will be compounded by the lack of Centre strength and overall offensive weakness.
4) This will be the last season for both Claude Julien and Marc Bergevin in Montreal.
5) Carey Price will be a Chicago Blackhawk.
6) Tomas Tatar will rebound, and Charles Hudon and Nikita Scherbak will have good seasons.
7) Kotkaniemi will be sent down before game 9.
8) Mike Reilly and the X man will shine on d for the Habs by default.
9) Mike McCarron will figure it out and come back with more snarl during the season for Montreal on the wing.
10) Will Bitten and Laval will have a very strong season with Laval making the playoffs.
11) Montreal will not get Jack Hughes in the lottery after missing the playoffs.
12) Fan attendance and ratings will hit all time lows hurting the downtown economy.
13) Geoff Molson will boot himself upstairs and bring in an experienced Hockey man to replace himself before the next season starts.
What do you think Hab fans? You can post your comments below.