TWO PEOPLE CHARGED AFTER TRAFFIC STOP UNCOVERS DRUGS
(NORTH GRENVILLE, ON) – On March 15, 2020 just after 6:00 p.m. members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Leeds, Grenville and Lanark Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) with the assistance of uniform patrol officers from Grenville County OPP conducted a traffic stop on Highway 416 in the Municipality of North Grenville. During the stop and proceeding investigation, Police seized a large quantity of suspected Purple Fentanyl and suspected Crystal Methamphetamine with an approximate street value of $7,500. A quantity of Canadian currency was also seized.
Ian BALLANTYNE, 37 years old of Brockville, Ontario and Andrew MacINTYRE, 33 years old, also of Brockville have both been charged with:
• Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance for the Purpose of Tracking – Fentanyl, Contrary to section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act.
• Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance for the Purpose of Tracking – Crystal Methamphetamine, Contrary to section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act.
• Possession of proceeds obtained by crime – Under $5000, Contrary to section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code.
Andrew MacINTYRE was further charged with:
• Fail to Comply with Probation Order section 733.1(1) of the Criminal Code.
• Fail to Comply with Release Order section 145(5)(a) of the Criminal Code.
Both are scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brockville at a later date to answer to the charges.