Cornwall ON – Denis Thibault, a long time resident and very active community minded person has announced he’s running again. He hopes that the voters of Cornwall will support him for councilor again in the upcoming municipal elections this fall.
“Today, I have submitted my papers to stand for re-election as Councilor for the City of Cornwall.
If elected, I will continue to address community concerns and bring new ideas to the Council table. I will continue to focus on:
- Bringing more good paying jobs to Cornwall
- Being your voice to work smarter and reduce taxes where possible
- Getting our waterfront back from the Federal government
- Finding ways to address the Long Term Care Crisis in our community
- Making sure that we continue to receive quality policing, firefighting and EMS services
- Upgrades to park facilities such as a splash pads
- Making Joe St Denis Park facility a new home for the football program.”.
We must continue to FOCUS ON THE FUTURE!!
Thibault was first elected to Cornwall City Council in 2006. In his capacity as Councilor, he sat on many Boards, most notably the Police Services Board as Chair, Economic Development Committee as Chair, Public Advisory Committee as Vice Chair and Budget Committee.
He also serves as member of the Waterfront Purchasing Committee, one of the issues moving forward as a result of his leadership in attempting to make Cornwall more prosperous and open to innovative development.
Thibault has also been a leader in the pursuit of improving cultural sector support in our Community and was able to get funding from various sources to develop a Community Culture Plan for Cornwall-SD&G.
His interests and hobbies include golf and curling as well as Community service. He also works full time as Executive Director of the Eastern Ontario Training Board Mr. Thibault is supported by wife Elaine (Ruest) and three daughters, Lindsay, Joanne (Claude) and Michele (Michel).