Cornwall ON – The list of candidates for Cornwall Ontario municipal elections is out and there are 21 candidates for you to choose from! We’ll be doing profiles on on all of them during the course of the elections and inviting them to participate in our radio debates on Seawayradio.com
In the meanwhile please vote in our election polls and you can post your comments below. There are only five Women running for council this time around, and almost all the incumbents are back for another kick at the can.
The race for Mayor didn’t change today as City Councilor Mark A MacDonald and Nicole Spahich challenge Mayor Bob Kilger.
It should be a busy election season! Good luck to all of the candidates for putting their names forward! You can choose up to ten candidates for council in our poll.
Official Who Will You Vote For Cornwall Ontario City Council 2010 – You can make up to ten choices.
- Jason Setnyk (12%, 163 Votes)
- David Murphy (9%, 125 Votes)
- Maurice Dupelle (9%, 122 Votes)
- Bernadette Clement (7%, 94 Votes)
- Denis Thibault (6%, 86 Votes)
- Elaine MacDonald (6%, 81 Votes)
- Andre Rivette (5%, 73 Votes)
- Dennis Carr (5%, 70 Votes)
- Glen G Grant (5%, 70 Votes)
- Gerald E Samson (4%, 55 Votes)
- Michael Bedard (4%, 53 Votes)
- Leslie O’Shaughnessy (4%, 53 Votes)
- Mary Ann Hug (4%, 49 Votes)
- Jim Marshall (3%, 43 Votes)
- Gary W Samler (3%, 43 Votes)
- Syd Gardiner (3%, 42 Votes)
- Claude Poirier (3%, 42 Votes)
- Todd Bennett (3%, 38 Votes)
- Patricia F Lalonde (2%, 28 Votes)
- Madeleine Lebrun (2%, 23 Votes)
- Pat Finnerty (1%, 15 Votes)
Total Voters: 416
Who will you vote for Mayor in Cornwall Ontario?
- Mark A MacDonald (50%, 195 Votes)
- Robert “Bob” Kilger (42%, 165 Votes)
- Nicole Spahich (8%, 33 Votes)
Total Voters: 393
Vote wisely, vote often, but DON’T vote for anyone who wanted to vote themselves a raise recently!
Has anyone truly listened to Nicole Spahich ?
This woman is incoherent,she doesn’t answer the “questions ofthe day” head on, not as a political tactic, but rather because , she possess a grade 3 vocab in either of Canada’s official languages.She has truly shown that she is out of touch with Cornwall’s socio-economic conditions, and after hearing her speak at other events, I amnot sure the woman has a grasp of reality.
Nonetheless, her candidature truly speaks volumes about the democratic process in Canada. She has not been a resident of Cornwall for very long , and I don’t think she has a vibe of how the community functions as a whole. Politics as a domain, is a position of priviledge to be able to serve our people with pride and competence. I do not believe she is a competent candidate. Vote EITHER MacDonald or Kilger….. If you were to ask Ms Spahich who she would be voting for, she would tell you that she voted for “herself”..Because , She is the only candiate that she knows. Cornwall OFFICIALLY has its own version of George W. Bush.