Cornwall Ontario Police Shoot Moose That Wandered Into City 101917

Cornwall Ontario Police Shoot Moose That Wandered Into City 101917

Cornwall Ontario – CCPS informed the public on social media (no media release) that they shot a moose that had wandered within city limits.

Moose generally live within a 20KM territory their entire lives.   When they tragically get within human habitation it’s very difficult to remove them to another territory.

The Ministry of Natural Resources is supposed to be the point on these incidents, but as CFN learned when we had the raccoon issue they won’t come from Kemptville to Cornwall citing that their mandate doesn’t cover wildlife which is…boggling.

Alas another beautiful animal is slaughtered in Cornwall as we shrink their natural habitat…..

13 Responses to "Cornwall Ontario Police Shoot Moose That Wandered Into City 101917"

1. jules   October 19, 2017 at 2:05 PM

Is that all Cornwalls cops are good for to attack the innocent moose and a few good innocent people like our Jamie. My God Almighty if Cornwall cops had to deal with the problems here in Ottawa and elsewhere they would be like kangaroos on steroids to get the hopping hell out of here and they go and kill an innocent moose instead of using the one to put it to sleep and bring it back to the woods.

2. admin   October 19, 2017 at 2:10 PM

Jules I may never wear my vintage fur hat I inherited again around town….

3. mary bray   October 19, 2017 at 3:13 PM

We have had moose come into Cornwall before, this is not the first time. Does anyone remember exactly what was done if anything, I,m sure that it could have been saved unless this was was a threat to people, maybe lured back with food or salt blocks

4. admin   October 19, 2017 at 4:28 PM

I just think moose are so majestic and important to the environment. It’s just sad that this one had to die…

5. Pete Walbee   October 19, 2017 at 4:45 PM

Wonder who got the moose meat, and did they have a tag?

6. Mat   October 19, 2017 at 4:58 PM

As sad as this is they should make the best of it, it would of been nice if a butcher offered to gather the meat and give to agape or somthing like it, dont kill it unless ur ready to eat it

7. jules   October 19, 2017 at 6:03 PM

Jamie I should say not. I am laughing up a storm here like you would never believe possible. I have seen videos of moose on the loose in Moncton N.B. but never shot like the cops did in Cornwall. Jamie you would be shot instantly. I told hubby about it and he said the cruelty of animals and good people down there that we will not forget. Jamie I love animals very much and they are true friend

8. Paul   October 19, 2017 at 7:35 PM

why did they not tranquilize and relocate looks like a 2 or 3 year old moose Probably one of the younger arrogant cornwall officers. too many of these in the city OPP would of made a different decision time to get rid of cornwall police service

9. Paul   October 19, 2017 at 7:57 PM

So farmers from now on should shoot a moose if its close to the 401 and say they were worried about a collision on the 401 yeah right they would be fined

10. Jerry   October 20, 2017 at 6:54 AM

The main concern was that highway 401 is only meters from there, so miraculously, it likely already crossed once, scarring it back could be deadly for many motorists on 401. Jamie is right, it’s sad and a tragic fate for the moose, however I hope it was given away to eat (someone who would appreciate it, not people shopping at agape).

11. Pete Walbee   October 20, 2017 at 12:44 PM

Jerry, I agree with you, and certainly I would have appreciated it, no doubt.

12. jules   October 21, 2017 at 4:01 PM

When we lived in Cornwall we were friends with a hunter and that hunter found out about a moose hit by a transport truck and went to get it and skinned it and we purchased some meat from the man and ate steaks, etc. for quite a while. I think that someone benefitted from that dead moose. The clique would be the first to pounce on that one.

13. jules   October 22, 2017 at 10:28 PM

My son told me that when a deer or a moose is shot they usually give the meat to the food bank. I wonder whose table the meat went on this time.