8 Responses to "Cornwall Mayor Bernadette Clement Must Vacate Seat After Campaign Overspending by 29% by Jamie Gilcig POLL"

1. Hugger1   April 19, 2019 at 7:44 AM

I wonder who will be the one to file the complaint to start the process so it can be reviewed by the “Compliance Audit Committee.” I saw there was an out built into the rules; “If the candidate has acted in good faith, inadvertently committing the offence or having an error in judgment.. In this case, the penalties described in subsection 88.23 (2) do not apply.” Arrggghhhh!!!!!

2. admin   April 19, 2019 at 7:46 AM

Isn’t it cute how it was hand released the night before the offices were closed for Easter? I have a hunch a few will be filing a complain. I know I will be.

3. Hugger1   April 19, 2019 at 8:10 AM

As I say “Government is government is government.”

4. admin   April 19, 2019 at 8:32 AM

Congrats on your 2500th approved comment Hugger!

5. jules   April 19, 2019 at 1:33 PM

Calling on Fitzie. Are you up taking the position as mayor of Cornwall or as PM of Canada? Which is it? Fitzies answer Jules we animals are way too intelligent to have anything to do with political crap and the humans can shove it. LOL LOL. ROLF! Love you little Fitzie.

6. Pete Walbee   April 19, 2019 at 5:01 PM

Bernie will likely step down as mayor anyways to run for the October election as the liberal representative.

7. admin   April 19, 2019 at 5:11 PM

I don’t think so. What a disaster that would be. Two candidates that hide from journalist and can’t answer questions 🙂

8. jules   April 19, 2019 at 5:19 PM

Bernie you are a liberal alright hiding the truth from the sheeple and ramping up debt. That is what the liberals have represented for a mighty long time. Bernie when you are bad as mayor then I would suggest that you resign and go on a lifetime trip so as not to do anymore damage.