SD&G OPP NEWS
(STORMONT DUNDAS & GLENGARRY, ON) – The SD&G Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) are investigating several incidents after responding to 121 calls for service from Friday January 31, 2020 to Monday February 3, 2020.
Among these occurrences, SD&G OPP responded to:
– 17 motor vehicle collisions
– 11 calls for Police assistances
– 4- 911 calls
– 11 traffic complaints
– 7 traffic hazards
– 6 Traffic enforcement occurrences
– 2 Domestic disputes
– 3 thefts
– 5 suspicious activity calls
– 1 family dispute
– 1 mental health call
– 3 alarms
– 1 Assault call
– 1 threat call
– 1Fraud call
– 4 Mischief calls
– 11 RIDE Checks
– 1 unwanted person call
– 1 Animal complaint
– 3 liquor licence act calls
– 1 sexual assault call
GRAFFITI TO PUBLIC BUILDING
(SOUTH DUNDAS ,ON) – On January 31, 2020 at approximately 8:56 p.m Stormont Dundas & Glengarry Ontario Provincial Police officers responded to a report of a public building (Beach Building) being damaged by graffiti on Elizabeth Drive in South Dundas Township. Investigation revealed that unknown culprits caused damage to the building in the previous hours.
An investigation continues.
(SD&G) – On January31-February 2, 2020 Ontario Provincial Police officers conducted speed measuring enforcement in SD&G and intercepted several vehicles for traveling at excessive speeds. The vehicles were impounded and their driver’s permits seized for seven (7) days in accordance to policy and were charged with Stunt Driving (Highway Traffic Act).
– January 31, 2020 at 8:11 p.m (South Stormont) a vehicle was stopped traveling 157km/h (100km/h zone) (Highway 401) – 25-year-old driver from Toronto, Ontario.
– January 31, 2020 at 9:39 p.m (South Stormont) a vehicle was stopped traveling 154km/h (100km/h zone) (Highway 401) – 29-year-old driver from Ontario.
February 2, 2020 at 12:42 a.m (South Dundas) a vehicle was stopped traveling 152km/h (100km/h zone) (Highway 401) – 18-year-old driver from Ajax, Ontario.
(SOUTH DUNDAS, ON) – On February 2, 2020 at approximately 2:40 a.m, Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry (SD&G) Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers conducted a traffic stop on Ottawa Street, South Dundas Township.
Investigation revealed that the adult driver was under the influence of alcohol.
Ashley BANKS (age 30) of North Glengarry, Ontario was arrested and is charged with;
– Drive a Motor Vehicle while Impaired
– Drive a Motor Vehicle with over 80 Milligrams of Alcohol in blood
The accused was released and is scheduled to appear at Ontario Court of Justice on March 3, 2020 in Morrisburg.
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION ON THE ABOVE OR ANY CRIME IS ASKED TO CALL SD&G OPP AT 1-888-310-1122 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 1-800-222-8477.