- 4 seizures in Cornwall, Ontario
- 1 seizure at the Cornwall Port of Entry
- 2 seizures in South Glengarry, Ontario
- 1 seizure in Akwesasne, Ontario
- 1 seizure in South Dundas, Ontario
These seizures resulted in the arrest of 8 individuals who face charges under the federal Excise Act 2001 and/or the provincial Tobacco Tax Act for possession of a tobacco product not properly stamped:
5 from Cornwall, Ontario;
2 from Akwesasne, Ontario;
1 from Ottawa, Ontario
Also resulted in the arrest of the following 2 individuals who were charged under the federal Excise Act 2001 and each face a charge under the provincial Tobacco Tax Act for possession of a tobacco product not properly stamped:
Sterling David Oakes (age 18) from Akwesasne, Ontario;
Chantale Moise (age 30) from Cornwall, Ontario
• 8 vehicles described as a 1997 Ford Expedition; a 2006 Hyundai GTL; a 2002 Chevrolet Explorer van; a 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser; a 2001 Volkswagon Golf; a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix; a 2010 Chevrolet Savana van; a 1976 Winnebago motor home
• 2 vessels described as a 4.88 metre fibreglass boat with a 15 HP outboard Mariner motor; a fibreglass boat with an outboard motor
• 1 boat trailer
• 19,773 re-sealable bags each containing 200 contraband cigarettes
• $605 Canadian currency
During this period, the CRTF assisted the Cornwall Community Police Service who located contraband cigarettes near the local soccer fields. The CRTF also assisted the Akwesasne Mohawk Police Service who stopped a vehicle for a Highway Traffic Act violation in Akwesasne, Ontario and discovered the vehicle to contain contraband cigarettes. Finally, the CRTF assisted the Canada Border Services Agency who discovered contraband cigarettes during a vehicle inspection at the Cornwall Port of Entry. If anyone notices suspicious activity, please contact the CRTF at 613-937-2800 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Where could I buy that 1997 Ford Expedition?
How much for that boat??