Bill 14 – I’m Boycotting Quebec Until After Labour Day. Are you? by Jamie Gilcig – March 13, 2013

Bill 14 – I’m Boycotting Quebec Until After Labour Day.  Are you?  by Jamie Gilcig – March 13, 2013

maroisCFN –  Is it time to boycott all things Quebec?   A boycott is a severe thing; but with Bill 14 looming and the strange occurrences since the last election there that never seem to be resolved could it be best if people give La Belle Province a wide berth for awhile?

Don’t get me wrong; as a former Montrealer there are many things I still love about the once great city.

But I could go a summer without Schwartz’s and steamies if it makes a statement.

Frankly I visit “back home” less and less.  It’s not just the crazed roads and constant construction.  It’s not just the all too more frequent customer service issues if I dare speak “Anglais”.

It’s this darn Bill 14.  It’s the fact that things became so bad in Quebec that the people of Quebec decided to grant Ms Marois a government.

In Canada we still have free choice; and frankly my choice is leaning towards making my little statement.  My one little token of boycotting Quebec until after Labour Day.   I think I can do it.

Yes, I’ll still visit my family; but I won’t be dining or spending any money there.    Do I expect my little boycott to change anything?  Not really; but imagine if millions of people did?

Politicians rely on people never doing anything no matter how badly they behave.   They’re used to manipulating small groups of people to grab power.   When I wrote during the student tuition protests that it simply was PQ agitation I think the election results showed how right myself and many others of the same belief were.

Quebec made its choice.   In some ways I think it was a good one because people can focus on the brutally ugly culture of linguistic facism that exists.  Francophones in Quebec will have to realize that the only people that can save French in Quebec are Francophones.   Anglophones, and Allophones are not to blame and not the issue.  It’s time to stop punishing the English language and  culture hoping that Quebec will become some Francophone Mecca.

Until Quebec changes its ways the results will essentially be the same.

Now the big question is why the Federal government remains so silent on what’s happening to Canadians living in Quebec that don’t subscribe to the provincially mandated madness, and why they are abdicating those citizens rights…

Jamie Gilcig – Editor – CFN

(Comments and opinions of Editorials, Letters to the Editor, and comments from readers are purely their own and don’t necessarily reflect those of the owners of this site, their staff, or sponsors.)

543 Responses to "Bill 14 – I’m Boycotting Quebec Until After Labour Day. Are you? by Jamie Gilcig – March 13, 2013"

  1. edudyorlik   April 2, 2013 at 7:05 AM

    @Cory Cameron RE: POST on April 2, 2013 at 6:06 am

    GREAT POST Cory. So true and it bundles it all up into one nice & neat little package.

    We’re definitely on the same page.

  2. Eric   April 2, 2013 at 8:10 AM

    Richard tremblay
    April 1, 2013 at 3:43 pm
    Peter, come on are you serious ? The english language is in no way threatened or in need of a protectionist law. at 78 % majority, you guys don’t need a law 101 for ontario.

    Anglophones are becoming concerned with assimilation as more and jobs “require” bilingual. We are losing our heritage as street signs and buildings change names, our symbols of the Monarchic society we and our grandparents grew up in even are being reduced. The threat to the English language is more dire than the threat to French. OK, your turn!

  3. Pierre   April 2, 2013 at 9:13 AM

    @ Eric
    I suggested that your numbers may have been wrong or outdated because they differed from ours and I, for one, got my numbers, from the 2011 Stats Can.
    You say, yours come from there too. So, I don’t know how we can have different numbers?
    I try to take you seriously and check your info but, you send me, Apr. 1, 3:35 pm, to a Stats Can site that is just, an evaluation site. No info there.

    In your last post, you state that anglosphones fear assimilation.
    Can you tell me, how it is that you(s) believe that Québécois fears of assimilation are unfounded, when we are only 2% of the of the population of N.A. and Anglophone fears are warrented, when you are, by far, the linguistic majority on this continent?
    And, how can it be that, bilingual requirements in government(s) jobs, does not mean assimilation, for the Francophone but does for the Anglophone?
    How can it be that moving away from the Monarchy is a threat to Canadian culture?
    Show me, how many English steet signs and building names have been changed to French? Maybe one or two… No more, I’m sure.

    This last post of yours has decieved me, Eric… I really believed that you were more open-minded but you prove to be just another fear monger.

  4. Pierre   April 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM

    @
    cory cameron
    You’re totally right. The French language is not threatened in Canada. The English language is. Just ask Eric, he knows. LOL!

  5. Cory Cameron   April 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM

    Pierre, let me play Devil’s Advocate here.

    It seems to me that our fair moderator has allowed another slight from your side towards an individual. In this case, you making fun of Eric’s comment.

    As evidenced, from your comment directed towards me concerning Eric.

    “@
    cory cameron
    You’re totally right. The French language is not threatened in Canada. The English language is. Just ask Eric, he knows. LOL!”

    I’m sad to see you still view this issue in a humorous light and have once again attacked an individual; rather than supporting your view in an argument.

    So, Pierre, if you don’t believe that the French language is threatened, then what warrants Bills 101 and 14?

    Do you not agree that Native languages are being threatened as they’re becoming increasingly extinct in Canada?

    Do you not think that the billions spent on bilingualism in Canada every year would not be better spent on protecting the native languages from extinction in Canada?

  6. Highlander   April 2, 2013 at 10:22 AM

    Pierre
    April 2, 2013 at 9:13 am

    “Can you tell me, how it is that you(s) believe that Québécois fears of assimilation are unfounded, when we are only 2% of the of the population of N.A. and Anglophone fears are warrented, when you are, by far, the linguistic majority on this continent?”

    And french are by far not the linguistic minority ,that would be the native languages -Now Pierre do you believe that the native languages do not warrant the same protection and funding of that of the french language.

    “This last post of yours has decieved me, Eric… I really believed that you were more open-minded but you prove to be just another fear monger.”

    But Pierre he is open mined it is you that remains closed minded even after proof is provided,yes you are closed minded ,Eric as well informed as he is just has a softer approach to the issue.

  7. Eric   April 2, 2013 at 10:27 AM

    Pierre, I clicked on the link )also Census 2011) and it took me too Population by knowledge of official languages, age groups (total), 2011 counts, for Canada, provinces and territories. And my claim of not comparing oranges to oranges remains even more clear.

    It starts with removing the Queen from paper money, a few street names, building names, a few places putting French first, more taxpayer money to increase French and on and on.

    I want French only speakers and a few self identified bilingual who really need service, to get the service. Separate buildings and allowing employees to work in the language of their choice etc. is not making a better society. More people may come on board if some common sense was displayed. There is nothing wrong with using technolgy, 9-1-1 call stations use it all the time.

    Anyway, call me what you want, it gives someone else a break.

  8. Highlander   April 2, 2013 at 10:37 AM

    Pierre ,Richard and Stella you still have not answered the questions

    The United Nation’s have stated that North America’s indigenous people’s languages are at near critical levels of extinction.
    Has the United Nations stated the same for the French language …NO..So tell me why not protect the Native languages and fund them to the same extent as the French language as the united Nations have indicated the near extinction.

    So Richard Pierre and Stella is French more important to protect then the native languages even given these facts?

    Please be respectful of our natives and answer this question?

  9. Highlander   April 2, 2013 at 11:06 AM

    Eric
    April 2, 2013 at 10:27 am

    “Anyway, call me what you want, it gives someone else a break.”

    This seems to be his only rebuttal of the truth by calling others names ,very mature of him.

    He still doesn’t get it we do not advocate the removal of french language but a fair equation to the situation.

    The slurs continue ant-french ,bigot,KKK,the nightmare clan ect,ect the list goes on .

    So tell me being that we advocate for fair representation by population why do you insult ?
    whats your fear?
    Why not encourage fairness instead of berating others that attempt to promote it?

    Take the olive branch stop insulting and start advocating for fairness and representation by population with regards to language laws.

  10. peter   April 2, 2013 at 12:46 PM

    Well I certainly didn’t miss anything. As an aside, it seem s when pierre posts, stella does not, or trembly and vice-versa.Do they do shift work ??

    Cory, Highlander, Eric, Edudyorlik, Rosie,

    The reasons we NEVER EVER get answers from ” The F—-d Sq–d”

    is that they have none. We have as a group, related, answered and most importantly PROVED any and all claims we have made. We have shot down ALL of their arguments, and still they are convinced we are wrong.

    So, there is nothing left, really, leading a horse to water and like that. They remind me of the attitude of the federal and provincial governments in all this. They are in sync with peirre, stella and trembly, and this WILL CHANGE.

  11. edudyorlik   April 2, 2013 at 1:08 PM

    @peter April 2, 2013 at 12:46 pm
    peter wrote, “Cory, Highlander, Eric, Edudyorlik, Rosie,

    The reasons we NEVER EVER get answers from ” The F—-d Sq–d”

    is that they have none.”

    SO TRUE peter. And thus, ALL is CLEAR…

    oh and, please take a moment and respond to my e-mail
    would ya 🙂

  12. peter   April 2, 2013 at 1:41 PM

    @ edudyorlik

    I checked, no email

  13. Highlander   April 2, 2013 at 2:08 PM

    edudyorlik
    April 2, 2013 at 1:08 pm

    please send my e-mail info to peter in case he doesn’t have it ,and like wise for me his thanks.

  14. Richard tremblay   April 2, 2013 at 2:28 PM

    Well, unlike some, We (stella-pierre-myself) have to work for a living. To me this is just entertainment. YOu guys have no idea what the real issue is having not been a victim of language discrimination, but you say your fellow anglos have been. I have been called a frog, I have been laughed at because of my accent. Now I didn’t cry about it, I developed a thicker skin and chose to get an education and practice, practice, practice my english. Am I perfectly bilingual, NOPE. But, at least I’m making an effort while others aren’t.
    BY the way, the budget for aboriginal affairs and northern development canada was close to 8 billion. Compare that to the 2.4 billion dollars bilingualism is getting. Some here, not all, man, your just a bunch of cry babies. Instead of blaming everything for your lack of getting a job, try and look in the mirror and say..maybe language is not really the problem.

  15. Pierre   April 2, 2013 at 2:54 PM

    @ Eric
    Not that it matters but I’m on the web site that you asked us to visit in your Apr. 1 3:35 pm post.
    It’s still a web site evaluation 2013 and there asking visitors to complete a 10 minute questionaire… No stats.

    So, I still don’t understand your claim of not comparing oranges with oranges… What are we to compare oranges with?
    And, I don’t know why you’d talk about removing the queen from paper money, in our discussion on Canadians rights…
    Did you want to blame Québec or the Francophone for that? Anyways, I’m looking at a new 20 right now and, guess whos picture is on it?
    Yup, good ole Lisbeth.
    As to having French first on street names.
    Well again, there is a logical explanation for it…
    It’s not to favor French.
    It’s because that’s the way our two languages work.
    EX. In French we say, Rue Bank
    In English we say, Bank Street
    Thus, signs read, Rue Band Street.

    Your solutions, if applied would mean the assimilation of the Francophone… Can’t you see that?
    Try to understand. It’s not just about providing services to unilingual francophones, at a minimal cost. Never has been.
    Francophones are equal owners of Canada as are Anglophones and Alophones. They have the same rights to have good jobs, in Canada and all etnics groups need to be bilingual to qualifie for jobs deemed bilingual imperative.

    Show me segregated language buildings… I’ve never heard of any.

    And most Canadians are on board with the bilingualism policies of Canada, as you would know, if you looked at the positions of the politicians that a majority of Canadians elect, instead of looking at the nonsense that is expressed by some bliggers, or some colunmists, in English Canada.
    I will call you what I want, but I’ll always make sure it’s not undeserved. And, you are either a fear monger or a victim of fear mongering… I hope it’s the latter…
    I’m more worried by ideas than, I am, by words.

    @ peter
    Hey peter! For one in your life, you got something right…
    We the good guys are in sink with all the governments, federal and provincial…
    There may be hope for you, after all… Naww!

    Oh and peter, if Stella and Richard do not post, round the clock, it’s because, they are of working age so, they have jobs…
    Something cory cameron and highlander should consider doing rather than wasting their lives posting 24/7/365.

  16. peter   April 2, 2013 at 3:03 PM

    @ highlander,

    The reason there is no response other than racial , anti0 English slurs, is because, when they cannot respond to facts they HAVE to resort to personal and insulting attacks.
    In their “minds” it is their ONLY defense against truth. It is obvious to most of logic and reason, that substaciated facts are truths.

    What is the expression “THE TRUTH REALLY HURTS IT ??

    Well this is as appropriate as it gets when time and time and again the ” fr– s—D’ are proven wrong.

    As I said, the ONLY SOLUTION is for quebec to leave.

  17. stellabystarlight   April 2, 2013 at 3:19 PM

    piper wrote: So tell me why not protect the Native languages and fund them to the same extent as the French language as the united Nations have indicated the near extinction.

    You are crying your heart out now because the french got funding…..

    Now if you were true Canadians and really care for your fellowmen, instead of fighting about LANGUAGE and SIGNS , you guys should be fighting the Gov. for funding for natives. Then you would be showing true patriotism. Actually while you are at it….get some for the english…..**smile**

    Talking about the United Nation…..did cory get an answer yet? Thinking he wrote about two years ago……we are all waiting in anticipation. Please….

  18. Eric   April 2, 2013 at 4:06 PM

    Pierre, my mom only gives me a toonie for an allowance but I hear the 5’s, 10’s, 50’s & 100’s have no Queen. That 20 you have (the new plastic one) is a good example of how French is being taken care of. The French first is on the side without the Queen, I imagine that was part of the planning.

    Google census 2011
    If the Census of Canada link brings up a survey, click no
    Click by topic on the left
    Click Language on the right of the next page
    Click Language Highlight Tables, 2011 Census
    Click Table 2 and find Population by knowledge of official languages
    I assume your numbers might be from table 3 which lists about 6.8 million French and even adding the 131,000 Eng & Fr is well under the 10 million you alluded to.

    I was not talking of adding the way grammar would affect a street sign, although TomTom GPS units butcher the street addresses because of it but removing an English name to replace with French.
    There was nothing wrong with keeping the city Hull as the name, was there?

  19. Highlander   April 2, 2013 at 5:15 PM

    Richard tremblay
    April 2, 2013 at 2:28 pm

    BY the way, the budget for aboriginal affairs and northern development canada was close to 8 billion. Compare that to the 2.4 billion dollars bilingualism is getting. Some here, not all, man, your just a bunch of cry babies.

    You sound resentful there Richard,but you still did not answer the question ;

    So tell me why not protect the Native languages and fund them to the same extent as the French language as the united Nations have indicated the near extinction.

    So Richard Pierre and Stella is French more important to protect then the native languages even given these facts?

    UNDER GOD ALL ARE EQUAL ,UNDER CANADIAN LANGUAGE LAWS THEY ARE NOT!

  20. Highlander   April 2, 2013 at 5:19 PM

    Pierre
    April 2, 2013 at 2:54 pm

    PIERRE you still did not answer the questions:

    The United Nation’s have stated that North America’s indigenous people’s languages are at near critical levels of extinction.
    Has the United Nations stated the same for the French language …NO..So tell me why not protect the Native languages and fund them to the same extent as the French language as the united Nations have indicated the near extinction.

    So Richard Pierre and Stella is French more important to protect then the native languages even given these facts?

  21. Highlander   April 2, 2013 at 5:25 PM

    Richard tremblay
    April 2, 2013 at 2:28 pm

    “BY the way, the budget for aboriginal affairs and northern development canada was close to 8 billion. Compare that to the 2.4 billion dollars bilingualism is getting”

    Well Quebec gets over 50% of the transfer payments 8 billion last year ,plus +2.4 billion to push your thriving language as well!

    And yet the native languages that are near extinct are not legislated or financially supported to the tune of 2.4 billion by the federal government.

  22. Cory Cameron   April 2, 2013 at 5:36 PM

    Hey guys,

    Just to let you know I haven’t read any of Stella’s or Richard’s postings today.

    I don’t know about you, but I grew tired of their rants. Reminds me too much of having jumped the shark…

    So, who is going to the April 20th, protest?

  23. Highlander   April 2, 2013 at 5:37 PM

    stellabystarlight
    April 2, 2013 at 3:19 pm

    “You are crying your heart out now because the french got funding….”

    No just trying to understand why we are federally legislating and funding a language to protect a “perceived” weakened language when there is no protection for the ones that are near extinct?

    Was bilingualism really about protecting a language,what of the native languages?

    “Now if you were true Canadians and really care for your fellowmen, instead of fighting about LANGUAGE and SIGNS , you guys should be fighting the Gov. for funding for natives. Then you would be showing true patriotism. Actually while you are at it….get some for the english…..**smile**”

    Are we not advocating for native languages as they are REALLY NEAR EXTINCT ,unlike a “PERCEIVED” decline in language of French.

    Nice Attempt at deferral of the question asked of you! Here it is again:

    The United Nation’s have stated that North America’s indigenous people’s languages are at near critical levels of extinction.
    Has the United Nations stated the same for the French language …NO..So tell me why not protect the Native languages and fund them to the same extent as the French language as the united Nations have indicated the near extinction.

    So Richard Pierre and Stella is French more important to protect then the native languages even given these facts?

    Oh yes ***********************SMILE***************************************

  24. Richard tremblay   April 2, 2013 at 6:10 PM

    http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2011/dp-pd/hlt-fst/lang/Pages/highlight.cfm?TabID=1&Lang=E&Asc=1&PRCode=01&OrderBy=999&View=1&Age=1&tableID=402&queryID=1

    so 4,165,015 + 5,795,575= pretty close to the figure pierre said… thanks for the link pete

  25. edudyorlik   April 2, 2013 at 6:22 PM

    OK, here we go.
    @ Peter. I re-sent the e-mail so you should have it now.

    @ Highlander. As soon as I hear back from Peter on the e-mail I will return that message to him with your e-mail info 🙂

    @Everyone. There is no doubt about French having dominance on the 5 dollar bill. If you REALLY look at it French is first in many instances and also it is certainly by design that one of the biggest French hero’s in history is well displayed in the form of number 9 hockey player on the back. This kind of thing is rampant in Canada now.

    Why and how? Well, as we all know there was — and is – an ongoing push in Canada to fill ALL JOBS with so called “bilingual” people (which we all understand means – French people — ) and of course, since there is this new “work in your own language” element added in this means that it’s not just the average workers on the front lines, it’s all the way up to the supervisors, managers and onwards.

    We all remember Ken’s story about how he was “shoved out” of the RCM in order to make room for the French to take over his position there etc etc…

    Once these positions are filled with the bilingual folks … oopps I mean the French folks then the decisions like which language appears first, on top or in the prominent positions is (to use a French term) a faits accompli.

    This is happening in many areas in this country right now. As i have said, time and time again. (and J.V. Andrew said all of this back in the late 70’s as well) this is NOT a friendly game of checkers. What was once “we want to be accommodated” (remember that phrase?) is now approaching a full fledged take over.

    C’mon. Think about it folks. The French and Quebec want nothing — ZERO — to do with the English language (not to mention the Canadian flag etc) while at the same time pushing for so called, “bilingualism” for all the rest of Canada.

    2 + 2 = 4 and to anyone with half a brain the idea of ZERO English for the French while pushing the so called bilingualism in all the ROC can only logically ultimately = a French Canada.

    this is why EVEN that “by representation” concept is not a good idea.

    Granted, It’s a slow and methodical process that was begun more than 30 years ago now but, if they had tried it any other way they would have met with resistance. This way it’s all, oui oui and just relax there old buddy. Sort of like the character (for those who are familiar with it) of the devil in the south park movie) Relax. Wink Wink, everything is just fine pal.

  26. Cory Cameron   April 2, 2013 at 6:34 PM

    Good evening Highlander, Edudyorlik, Peter, Rosie, Eric, LFA members and supporters.

    Today, Highlander and I brought up the issue of funding for Aboriginal languages.

    In researching this subject this evening, I found an article (http://sen.parl.gc.ca/nsibbeston/aboriginal_language.htm ) I think you guys may find interesting. After reading it, I would like to see what you think of it and any ideas you may have on it. Thanks guys,

    Cory

  27. peter   April 2, 2013 at 8:44 PM

    trembly,

    I never sent you a link. Can you guys get anything correct?

    BTW: trembly, what are the names of the businesses in Hull that have external English signs ?

    Boo-hoo, so you were called names, Ti bebe la-la.

    I was also teased , called a mic, a potato picker, bloke and on and on and on.

    I never, cried about it, I never went to he teacher and say, Miss he is picking on me. I never, went the government and cried there either.

    Poor, poor you trembly, maybe you should seek professional help.

    Still waiting for those business names.

    I am 70, and still working, after putting in 50 years of working, in a variety of professions . So again, poor you and poor stella, its areal shame you have to go to your jobs, no doubt, you are hard done by there, because of the English.

    trembly, you are a real man, boo-hooing, complaining that you have to work for a living, crying because someone called you names, I think the English are to blame.

    BTW: Karl Marx would be proud of you.

  28. peter   April 2, 2013 at 8:48 PM

    @ edudyorlik

    Checked emails, still nothing there. I am currently in Buffalo, on a prolonged road trip. However, I’ll check regularly.

  29. concerned citizen 2   April 2, 2013 at 9:09 PM

    @ Tremblay, put this in your pipe & smoke it!

    Language discrimination is alive & thriving in Cornwall, On.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMBl7ZOVfBg&feature=g-upl&context=G2ab7300AUAAAAAAAAAA

  30. stellabystarlight   April 2, 2013 at 10:02 PM

    Highlander wrote: So Richard Pierre and Stella is French more important to protect then the native languages (even given these facts?) WHAT FACTS…..lol

    Thinking Richard already answered that question.

    Richard wrote: BY the way, the budget for aboriginal affairs and northern development canada was close to 8 billion. Compare that to the 2.4 billion dollars bilingualism is getting.

    So quit crying!!! The natives are getting their fair share which proves you WRONG AGAIN.

  31. edudyorlik   April 3, 2013 at 12:19 AM

    An interesting site with some interesting videos

    http://www.youtube.com/user/anglomontreal/videos?view=0

  32. Eric   April 3, 2013 at 6:06 AM

    Re:Cory Cameron
    April 2, 2013 at 6:34 pm and the link. It is interesting to see the federal government trading taxpayer money for language even back in 1986(PM Mulroney). Reading the article left me wondering if things are only being done for political reasons over actually helping people.

  33. stellabystarlight   April 3, 2013 at 8:31 AM

    cc2……you tube videos are a joke. Any fool can make one to suit their agenda. You know what you can do with your videos? Shove them where the sun don’t shine…..**smile**

    Do you honestly think intelligent people are influenced by “the nightmare clan’s” videos? You better think again. Come out of your fantasy world and get with the program **smile**

  34. stellabystarlight   April 3, 2013 at 8:51 AM

    I am currently in MALAYSIA…KUALA LUMPUR TO BE EXACT **smile** on a business trip…….””smile again”” Yep I’ve been around the world and some. I know many prominent people and have connnections around the globe **smile** Because of this, I would be willing to forward your concerns to all countries and share with them how the english are treated in Canada.

    On my flight I got thinking about the BS and thought to myself. Here we have the “nightmare clan” in a tizzy over signs and language when NK are arming themselves with nuclear weapons and threatening to use them. Syria are killing their own and Iran is siding with both. Yet the english are concerned with signs…..lol
    PATHETIC!!!!!

  35. Highlander   April 3, 2013 at 9:02 AM

    stellabystarlight
    April 2, 2013 at 10:02 pm

    Thinking Richard already answered that question.

    “Richard wrote: BY the way, the budget for aboriginal affairs and northern development canada was close to 8 billion. Compare that to the 2.4 billion dollars bilingualism is getting.”

    First of all Stella don’t THINK its not becoming of you!
    Richard did not answer the questions -that 8 billion like Quebec gets does not go to their languages .

    Once again the questions :You keep avoiding these valid question!

    The United Nation’s have stated that North America’s indigenous people’s languages are at near critical levels of extinction.
    Has the United Nations stated the same for the French language …NO..So tell me why not protect the Native languages and fund them to the same extent as the French language as the united Nations have indicated the near extinction.

    So Richard Pierre and Stella is French more important to protect then the native languages even given these facts?

  36. Highlander   April 3, 2013 at 9:17 AM

    stellabystarlight
    April 3, 2013 at 8:31 am

    “cc2……you tube videos are a joke. Any fool can make one to suit their agenda. You know what you can do with your videos? Shove them where the sun don’t shine…..**smile**”

    Well aren’t you the nice person…. NOT…Rather crude but coming from you not surprising .

    The fact remains that he was the best QUALIFIED individual and the hospital only based their hiring on language as those other individuals had no experience or training in that field.

    Therefore Language was deemed more important then MERIT!

    “Do you honestly think intelligent people are influenced by “the nightmare clan’s” videos? You better think again. Come out of your fantasy world and get with the program **smile**”

    So you are saying that they are not intelligent if they agree with the video and issue (HOW JUDGMENTAL YOU ARE -BUT LITTLE SURPRISE HERE AS WELL)-there remains 2800 signatures that agree that this was an issue to them.

    So those 2800 people are not intelligent?
    I would think those people would take issue with you with your statement many of which view these comments but do not write.

    Oh yes have a good day *******SMILE************

  37. Highlander   April 3, 2013 at 9:29 AM

    stellabystarlight
    April 3, 2013 at 8:51 am

    “On my flight I got thinking about the BS and thought to myself. Here we have the “nightmare clan” in a tizzy over signs and language when NK are arming themselves with nuclear weapons and threatening to use them. Syria are killing their own and Iran is siding with both. Yet the english are concerned with signs…..lol
    PATHETIC!!!!!”

    But Stella NK is not in your back yard like you said of Quebec is this none of your business?****smile***

    Syria is as well not in your back yard like you said of Quebec is this none of your business?****smile***

    Iran is not in your back yard like you said of Quebec is this none of your business?****smile***

    This all coming from a” Racist group” but being its part of your culture to behave like that Stella its exceptable right!*****SMILE****

    Nightmare clan -perhaps we do give you nightmares because we point out through rationalization and data to back it up of the present oppression of language policies!*****SMILE*****

    Oh have a good day eh!*****smile*****

  38. Highlander   April 3, 2013 at 9:55 AM

    Not good enough that you speak french ,but you must have a french last name.

    This is institutionalized racism at its best-welcome to Canada!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=7VGrWJ-WIiU

  39. Pierre   April 3, 2013 at 10:06 AM

    @ highlander
    You’re manipulating the facts to spread your hate of the French language again. Transfer payments do not go to fund protection for the French language. That money is for education and health.

    Where do you think the federal government gets it’s money… Right, from the tax payers and Québec has 23% of those.
    So much of that money was earned in Québec, by Quebecers

    You are the one who’s not good at thinking.
    I doubt that you’ve ever even tried it. Had you, you would understand that, in Canada, the knowledge of the official languages is not deemed to be above merit. It is deemed to be merit.
    As I’ve told you before. You should stick to surfing the net to find opinions that put down Québec and reposting them.

    If you had read cameron’s post, you would know that the aboriginal languages are not doing so bad.

  40. Eric   April 3, 2013 at 10:17 AM

    stellabystarlight, thank you for the ambassador offer, your request will be forwarded to the grand pouba.

    Why would people not keep talking about language here, it is not like the Francophone groups have stopped accepting funding for salaries etc. to self promote.

  41. edudyorlik   April 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM

    @ Stella. Congratulations … Good for you. I am actually surprised and slightly impressed that you are paying attention to what is going on in the world. It’s good to know that you are staying informed.

    That being said, concern about these things is good but that does not mean one forgets about what is going on in their country/city/town/area/backyard.

    AND — what IS going on Stella — in case you are unaware is, the French have taken the simple original request (which i agreed with initially) that service be provided within the federal government to the French in their language AND…

    Turned that simple request into this huge, costly and totally unacceptable idea of providing French service in every business, hospital, police force, fire station and grocery store in this whole damn country. Oh, did i mention that while the English are bending over backwards and spending billions of their tax dollars providing this service — to help the French– the French are passing laws that outlaw the English language in their “chez nous?”

    — THAT WAS NEVER the original request which the majority Anglophones agreed to.

    And, what’s worse is this endeavor is costing us Billions and Billions

    — (this is over and above the cost numbers that Pierre and Tremblay are quoting)

    to provide these ALL French services to, in some cases 45 people in a area that has a population of 27, 665 non French people OR
    in another area that has 875 people vs 814, 670 non French people. That is an example of the ENORMOUS COST for such small numbers.

    AND, WHAT’S EVEN WORSE IS … You do know who is paying the bulk of these Billions and Billions right Stella?

    Yes, that’s right the majority Anglophones are the ones paying this ENORMOUS cost. How would you like it if you were paying the bulk of the cost for a service in your or town area that was affecting you in a negative way. You wouldn’t be too keen on that idea. As a matter of fact i have a feeling you would be the first one in line complaining that you no longer wanted to support such a service.

    PS: I highly doubt that you have the intellectual fortitude to REALLY grasp this concept without one of your snide responses and therefore, even though it was addressed to you, i just want you to know that i didn’t waste my time as i am mostly directing it to EVERYONE else who is reading these posts.

    But, that’s OK — YOU Stella — can still have a nice day eh, while watching your WORLD news 🙂

  42. edudyorlik   April 3, 2013 at 10:24 AM

    @ Peter. I don’t know what’s happening with the e-mails. I am sending them to your hotmail addy.

    How about you send me an email?

    I will reply to that addy…

  43. edudyorlik   April 3, 2013 at 11:48 AM

    @Highlander. That was a great post Highlander. Also a great news video. It pretty much wraps it all up. It talks about the “pure laine” element, it talks about the last name being a part of the unfairness and it also touches on something I believe to be — OUR DOWNFALL — in all of this. And THAT IS, simply being the way we are. TOO complacent. TOO easy going — We have this sense of fairness and thus, on some level, we accept the idea of them trying to save — their – language and — their — culture. Even though it is, in many ways, detrimental to us.

    Like the man in the video, I, and I KNOW many of us feel the same way. That sense of yes, we admire what they are doing and, “to some extent, we agree with it”

    BUT… there MUST be a limit.

    Also, that link brought me to quite a few other great video’s that I can use for clips in my stuff. Thanks.

    @everyone…

    They’re listening in the US.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3jjIMkqcH0&hd=1

  44. Highlander   April 3, 2013 at 11:54 AM

    Pierre
    April 3, 2013 at 10:06 am

    “@ highlander
    You’re manipulating the facts to spread your hate of the French language again. Transfer payments do not go to fund protection for the French language. That money is for education and health.”

    The same could be said of natives and that 8 billion ,but they once again don’t get 2.4 billion (much higher more realistically) to promote and encourage their near extinct language.

    “Where do you think the federal government gets it’s money… Right, from the tax payers and Québec has 23% of those.
    So much of that money was earned in Québec, by Quebecers”

    In reality there Pierre- Quebec has received more money then its contributed EVERY YEAR since inception of those transfer payments.

    “I doubt that you’ve ever even tried it. Had you, you would understand that, in Canada, the knowledge of the official languages is not deemed to be above merit. It is deemed to be merit.”

    If language were truly a merit then why exclude a resume’s on language alone (being deemed bilingual position)if all were considered equal?

    “If you had read cameron’s post, you would know that the aboriginal languages are not doing so bad.”

    Not doing so bad ????? United Nations has indicated that the indigenous peoples languages are near extinction,So french is much worse off?

    DENY,DENY,DENY all in the protection of Your language !What of other languages?

    You still have not answered these Questions:

    The United Nation’s have stated that North America’s indigenous people’s languages are at near critical levels of extinction.
    Has the United Nations stated the same for the French language …NO..So tell me why not protect the Native languages and fund them to the same extent as the French language as the united Nations have indicated the near extinction.

    So Richard Pierre and Stella is French more important to protect then the native languages even given these facts?

  45. Eric   April 3, 2013 at 12:09 PM

    Yes Pierre Quebec is 23.6% of the Canadian population, average tax paid is a little different.
    The Census only has data to 2009 on personal taxes average but –
    Canada – 14,399
    Alberta – 18,830
    Ontario – 16,133
    Quebec – 11,985
    New Brunswick – 10,720

  46. Highlander   April 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM

    edudyorlik
    April 3, 2013 at 11:48 am

    Thanks ,So many now realize that Language laws are oppressive ,many videos as such .

    But Stella says “language is not an issue” -stay under that rock Stella live in ignorance of the reality,and occasionally slither out from under your rock to eat varmints and cast rude comments.

  47. stellabystarlight   April 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM

    piper again you are missing the point……

    Yep those countries are not in my back yard….for once you are right. But guess what? We are not trying to tell their Gov what to do and how to do it. You shouldn’t be trying to tell Quebec either…unless you live there. Capish??

    yorlik wrote: How would you like it if you were paying the bulk of the cost for a service in your or town area that was affecting you in a negative way.

    Hello!!!! It happens all the time. One example…….school taxes when one has no children. Got that? That is but one and let me assure you there is many more. The Gov doesn’t have to have the english’s approval first before deciding how and where our tax doallrs should be spent…….get that through your head **smile**

  48. stellabystarlight   April 3, 2013 at 12:31 PM

    Highlander……do you know if the UN replied to cory’s letter? I am asking you because cory no longer reads my post. People are waiting to hear the UN’s response. Something has to be done and soon. If cory didn’t get an answer, would someone have the phone #, I would gladly call and see what the hold up is.

    In solidarity

    stellabystarlight

  49. peter   April 3, 2013 at 12:40 PM

    @ edudyorlik

    I forwarded 2 emails to you. Please let me know if you have received them

  50. edudyorlik   April 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM

    @Highlander
    The “pure Laine stuff mentioned in your post is very evident at counter 4:10 of this video news story as well.
    http://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=k3CMpi8TxCU&ns=1
    Truly disgusting

    Highlander replied to Pierre, “In reality there Pierre- Quebec has received more money then its contributed EVERY YEAR since inception of those transfer payments.”

    Yup and here’s a little something to show just how much
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1_NjmbbVHo&hd=1

    @Peter. I replied to your e-mail and i sent you the info that Highlander asked me to send you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.