Cornwall Ontario Area Police Blotter SUSPICIOUS PERSON ALERT! for July 25 OPP SIU – Guelph Death Investigation




            Cornwall ON- The Cornwall Community Police Service is currently investigating a suspicious person which has been seen on the bike path near Legion Park. The male is described as a white male, approximately 5’5”- 5’7”, average build with medium length curly light brown hair. He was seen on a bicycle and also walking a medium brown dog. The male has been reported to have inappropriately touched a female. If you have any information regarding this person please contact the service at 613-932-2110 or Crime Stoppers at 613-937-8477.




There are ways in which you can reduce the risk of being a victim:


  • Walk assertively and in well-lit areas.
  • Avoid being alone if you can.
  • Walk in the centre of the sidewalk, away from alleys and doorways.
  • If you suspect you are being followed, cross the street, go to the nearest home, a service station or a business and call the police.
  • Be aware of your surroundings and avoid areas that increase your chances of being a victim. ( Unlit areas of parks, vacant land and parking lots)
  • Report problems to the police, we welcome the information and can advise you on prevention methods.


Cornwall, ON-Michael Fox, 46 of Cornwall was arrested on the 24th of July, 2013. It is alleged that he failed to attend court on the 23rd of July, 2013 and a warrant was issued for his arrest. The male attended police headquarters on the 24th of July, 2013 to deal with the matter. He was taken into custody for a bail hearing.




Cornwall, ON-A 20-year-old Cornwall man was arrested on the 24th of July, 2013. It is alleged that he failed to attend court on the 19th of November, 2012 and a warrant for his arrest was issued. On the 24th of July, 2013 the male attended police headquarters to deal with the matter. He was taken into custody for a bail hearing. His name was not released as the original charges were domestic in nature and may identify the victim.


Cornwall, ON- A 22-year-old Cornwall man was arrested for Mischief on the 24th of July, 2013. It is alleged that on the 24th of July, 2013 the man was involved in a verbal argument with his 21-year-old girlfriend. During the argument he damaged the door and frame. Police were contacted to attend the Bedford Street address and an investigation ensued. During their investigation it was learned that the man was bound by a Probation order and an Undertaking with conditions to keep the peace. He was charged accordingly and taken into custody for a bail hearing. His name was not released as it might identify the victim.




Cornwall, ON- A18-year-old Cornwall man was arrested on the 24th of July, 2013. It is alleged that while police were investigating an unrelated incident on Bedford Street they found the male in breach of a youth Probation order for failing to notify a change in address, associating with a person known to have a criminal record and failing to keep the peace. He was also bound by an Undertaking with conditions of notify change of address and keep the peace. He was charged accordingly and taken into custody for a bail hearing. His name was not released as per the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.





            Cornwall, ON-Mark Munro, 23 of Cornwall was arrested on the 24th of July, 2013. An officer on community patrol conducted a stop in the area of William Street and Cotton Mill and it is alleged that the man was in possession of a small quantity of marijuana. The man was also bound by two probation orders with conditions to keep the peace and not to be in possession of drugs. He was subsequently transported to police headquarters and charged accordingly. He was later released to appear in court on the 29th of August 2013.




Cornwall, ON-Mathew Brown, 25 of Cornwall was arrested on the 24th of July, 2013. It is alleged that on the 19th of July, 2013 he attended a Belmont Street store and while brandishing what was believed to be pepper spray demanded money, he then left with an undisclosed quantity of cash. It is further alleged that on the 23rd of July, 2013 he attended a Montreal Rd. store and demanded money then deployed a noxious substance. A brief altercation took place and the man left without any money. Police conducted an investigation into the two matters and as a result took the male into custody and charged him with two counts of Robbery, two counts of Disguise with Intent and breaching his Probation order by not keeping the peace. He was held for a bail hearing on the 25th July, 2013.

From the OPP;


(South Glengarry) – On July 24, 2013 SD&G OPP began an investigation into a report of a stolen motorcycle from a storage barn at a property on Warren Street, South Glengarry Township. Investigation revealed that between 7:00am on July 23, 2013 and 5:00pm July 24, 2013, a 2002 KTM SX2 off-road motorcycle, orange/black was stolen.

The investigation continues.



(South Dundas) – On July 24, 2013 at approximately 5:00pm, SD&G OPP officers responded to a report of a house fire at a property on Waddell Road, South Dundas Township. Local Fire Department was at scene tending to the blaze. Investigation revealed the fire to be non-suspicious in nature. Officers provided traffic control in the area.

Ontario Provincial Police News Portal [STORMONT DUNDAS and GLENGARRY] DRUG WARRANT EXECUTED 2013-07-24


(North Dundas) – On July 23rd, 2013 at approximately 9:00am, members of the Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau, Drug Enforcement Unit, Project Paradigm, assisted by SD&G OPP officers, executed a Controlled Drugs and Substances (CDSA) warrant at a residence on Loughlin Ridge Road, North Dundas Township.

Officers seized a quantity of suspected Cocaine, Marihuana, Oxycontin and Methamphetamine pills. The estimated total street value of the drugs seized is $6570..

A 43year old female was arrested at the residence and is charged with;

– 3 counts of Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking

– Possession of a Controlled Substance

She was released to appear in Morrisburg court on September 03, 2013. The name of the accused is not being released at this time pending further investigation. Charges are also pending on a 36year old male from the noted residence.

From the SIU;

SIU Concludes Death Investigation in Guelph

Case Number: 13-OCD-077

Appeals Form

Mississauga (25 July, 2013) — The Director of the Special Investigations Unit (SIU), Ian Scott, has concluded that there are no reasonable grounds to charge any Guelph Police Service officers with any criminal offence in relation to the death of a 72-year-old Robert McGee, in March of this year.

The SIU assigned three investigators and two forensic investigators to probe the circumstances of this incident. As part of the investigation, eight witness officers were designated and 16 civilian witnesses were interviewed. The SIU also designated three subject officers, of whom two participated in an interview and provided their duty notes. The third subject officer did not provide his notes or participate in an interview, as is his legal right.

The evidence gathered by the SIU suggests the following series of events leading to Mr. McGee’s death on March 27th:
• In 2000, Mr. McGee suffered a brain aneurysm and was operated on in an attempt to alleviate that condition.  He has subsequently suffered from seizures, among other medical disorders.
• On March 21st, a week before Mr. McGee’s demise, his common-law wife called the police because he was acting up.  She also informed the police that he had threatened to kill her with either a baseball bat or a knife.
• The call was classified as a “weapons-gun” call, and GPS responded by dispatching four officers, three of which were tactical response officers.  Two Waterloo Regional Police Service patrol officers also attended the call. (WRPS was assisting GPS due to a police funeral in Guelph).
• In total, six uniformed officers responded to the call. A number of the Guelph officers had had previous dealings with Mr. McGee and were aware of at least some of his medical conditions.
• One of the officers saw the wife in the apartment hallway and attempted to gather more information from her, but received no response.
• The involved officers decided to use a ‘breach and hold’ technique in order to apprehend Mr. McGee.  The first subject officer opened the door and yelled in, “police, show me your hands”.  Mr. McGee slowly started walking toward the apartment entrance area with his left hand down by his side. The subject officer grabbed him by the shirt and brought him outside the apartment.
• Mr. McGee went down on his knees and a number of officers placed him on his stomach in order to handcuff his wrists behind his back.  It is probable that Mr. McGee struck his head when he was taken to the ground.
• He was apprehended under the authority of s. 17 of the Mental Health Act and transported to the Guelph General Hospital.
• At the hospital, Mr. McGee was held overnight under the authority of Form 1 of the same Act, and released the next day into the care of his wife.
• The medical records indicate that he had lacerations on his wrists (presumably from the handcuffs) and hands, and a small abrasion on his forehead.  However, in the hospital, he was monitored for mental health issues and not for physical injury.
• On March 27, 2013, Mr. McGee fell in the bathroom of his apartment and was discovered in an unconscious state by his wife.
• Emergency Medical Services were called and he was found to have sustained a large contusion on his forehead. He was vital signs absent.
• Mr. McGee was confirmed deceased after arrival at Guelph General Hospital.
• A subsequent post-mortem examination concluded the cause of death was due to post-traumatic seizure disorder.  The pathologist who performed the autopsy added, “The most common mechanisms of death are cardiac arrhythmia and central apnea.”

Director Scott said, “In my view, the subject officers had the authority to enter Mr. McGee’s residence and arrest him on the basis of the complaint by the common-law wife.  Given his known history of mental disorder, the common-law wife’s assertion of a threat coupled with his access to weapons, and his failure to show both his hands, it was a reasonable use of force to take him to the ground for the purpose of applying handcuffs to his wrists.  The fact that there were lacerations on his wrists and one on his forehead would appear to be relatively minor injuries and unrelated to his hospital admission on March 21, 2013. He was released the next day.  On the basis of the conclusions in the post-mortem examination, I am of the view that Mr. McGee’s demise on March 27th, 2013 was unrelated to his involvement and apprehension by members of the GPS and WRPS on March 21, 2013.”

The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must

  • consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence  in connection with the incident under investigation
  • depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
  • report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.

subscribe to cfn

Leave a Reply