CDSA warrant executed on Somerset Street West results in two arrests
(Ottawa) –On Friday, January 6, 2017, the Ottawa Police Service Street Crime Unit executed a Control Drug and Substance Act (CDSA) search warrant at an illegal marijuana dispensary located at 646 Somerset Street West.
On scene, two adults – a male and a female – were arrested without incident. Their names are not being released at this time so as not to jeopardize the integrity of the ongoing investigation.
They are both facing charges of:
- Trafficking in a Schedule II substance 5(1) CDSA x 2
- Possession of a Schedule II substance for the Purpose of Trafficking 5(2) CDSA x 7
- Possession of Proceeds of Crime 354(1)(a) Criminal Code
The female is facing the additional charge of:
- Trafficking in a Schedule II Substance 5 (1) CDSA
Drugs and Property seized:
- THC edibles
- THC gummies
- THC pills
- Undisclosed amount of Canadian Currency
- Cellular telephones
The Ottawa Police Service would like to remind the public that storefront marijuana dispensaries are illegal and have no association with lawful medical marijuana. Investigations related to such illegal storefronts will continue.
Marijuana is only legal when prescribed by a physician and accessed from an authorized producer. You can find more details on legal access to medicinal marijuana.