SIU Terminates Investigation into Injury of Man while in OPP Hawkesbury Detachment Cell
Case Number: 17-PCI-237
Mississauga, ON (31 August, 2017) —The province’s Special Investigations Unit is examining the circumstances surrounding an incident inside the Hawkesbury Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police, after which a 56-year-old man was transported to hospital with serious injuries.
- On August 30, 2017, just before midnight, OPP officers were called to a residence in the Main Street East and Tupper Street area.
- At the residence, a 56-year-old man was arrested.
- Around 12:30 a.m. on August 31, 2017, the man was lodged in a cell at the OPP Hawkesbury Detachment.
- Just before 1:30 a.m., the man suffered serious injuries.
- He was transported to Hawkesbury and District General Hospital and then taken to an Ottawa area hospital where he is listed in serious condition.