SD&G OPP NEWS
(STORMONT DUNDAS & GLENGARRY, ON) – The SD&G Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) are investigating several incidents after responding to 328 calls for service from Wednesday September 19, 2018 to Monday September 24, 2018.
ASSAULT WITH WEAPON
(SOUTH DUNDAS,ON) – On September 19, 2018 at approximately 10:30am, Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry (SD&G) Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers responded to a disturbance on Grove Street in South Dundas Township.
Investigation indicated that an altercation occurred between two adult males. The accused male struck the victim. The accused male also had a weapon during the altercation. The victim received no injuries.
Clayton VAUTOUR (44) of South Dundas, Ontario was arrested and is charged with;
– Assault with a weapon
– Possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose
He was released and scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Morrisburg on October 9, 2018.
BREAK IN AT LANDFILL
(NORTH DUNDAS,ON) – On September 19, 2018 at approximately 2:11pm, Stormont Dundas &Glengarry Ontario Provincial Police responded to a report of a business (North Dundas landfill) on Boyne Road, Winchester, Ontario. Investigation indicated that sometime overnight culprit(s) entered the business but did not remove any items from the location.
MALE ARRESTED FOR STOLEN CAR
(SOUTH DUNDAS,ON) – On September 19, 2018 at approximately 4:52pm members from the Highway Safety Division intercepted a stolen car on Highway 401, South Dundas, Ontario. The investigation revealed that an adult male was in possession of a stolen car from Montreal, Quebec. Further investigation revealed the male was breaching previous release conditions.
Ashraf AWAD (59) of Toronto, Ontario was arrested and is charged with;
– Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
– Fail to comply with conditions of a probation Order ( 4 counts)
– Drive under suspension (Highway Traffic Act)
He was held in custody (bail) and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall.
(SOUTH STORMONT,ON) – As a result of a Domestic investigation conducted by members of the Stormont Dundas & Glengarry Ontario Provincial Police, a 55-year-old female resident of South Stormont was arrested on September 21, 2018. The female assaulted her husband with a weapon.
The 55-year-old female of South Stormont faces charges of:
– Assault with a weapon (2 counts)
The above charges are in relation to incidents involving a domestic situation.
She was released and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall on October 16, 2018.
The name of the accused is being withheld in order to protect the identity of the victim.
(SD&G) – On September 19- September 24, 2018 Ontario Provincial Police officers conducted speed measuring enforcement in SD&G and intercepted the following vehicles for traveling at excessive speeds. The vehicles were impounded and the driver’s permits seized for seven (7) days in accordance to policy and were all charged with Stunt Driving (Highway Traffic Act).
– September 19, 2018 – 7:50am (North Dundas); vehicle stopped traveling 131km/h (80km/h zone)(County Road 31). Male driver (31) from: North Dundas, Ontario.
– September 20, 2018 – 6:31pm (South Stormont); vehicle stopped traveling 140km/h (80km/h zone)(Highway 138). Male driver (37) from: South Glengarry, Ontario.
– September 21, 2018 – 11:33pm (South Dundas); vehicle stopped traveling 159km/h (100km/h zone)(Highway 401). Male driver from: Ontario.
– September 22, 2018 – 6:22pm (South Stormont); vehicle stopped traveling 151km/h (100km/h zone)(Highway 401). Male driver (32) from: Whitby, Ontario.
– September 23, 2018 – 10:46am (South Dundas); vehicle stopped traveling 154km/h (100km/h zone)(Highway 401). Male driver from: Quebec.