In response to the press conference held by the Union of Veterans Affairs Employees in Victoria BC yesterday, December 7, the Canadian Veterans Advocacy fully supports their demand that Veterans Affairs Canada be exempt from the Harper government’s proposed budget cuts in the upcoming federal budget. “Vets already face significantContinue Reading

CFN –  The Cornwall Free News is proud to be a non-exclusive and non-predatory Media sponsor for Motivational Speaker Gerry Visca’s return to our fair city!   Mr. Visca was the key note speaker for Biz Fest recently.  He’s going to be holding two sessions with a capacity of 100Continue Reading

CFN – Mr. Brent Laton, Trustee for Grenville County and Elizabethtown-Kitley Township, has been acclaimed to the position of Chair for the Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario. It will be the first term as Chair for Mr. Laton, who is entering his 9th year as a Catholic School Trustee.Continue Reading

Dear Editor: . Please allow me to comment on the proposal for the installation of sculptures promoting international peace in Lamoureux Park and  to thank you for keeping us informed of the status of this proposal. . I found this article very inspiring because it picks up on a deepContinue Reading

CFN –   As some of you know I’ve been working on my second novel; Dirty Town Under a Crooked Bridge.   It’s been an interesting and challenging process.   I had to scrap my first draft and start over from scratch, and am also working on the screenplay asContinue Reading

CFN –  Wow we had a ton of feedback on our story about Online Anonymity and our future policy regarding comments here on CFN.   It’s been interesting and I think will help our evolution and growth. With nearly 14,000 comments in three years I personally see the impact both positive andContinue Reading

CFN – Nancy Galway of Snow Angels Sanctuary must be pooped!  She and her team put on the 1st Annual Health, Holistic & Lifestyle Expo at Trinity Anglican Church in Cornwall Ontario. Over 40 vendors shared their knowledge and products with the public. Lisa Jock shared on how her essentialContinue Reading

CFN –  It’s been a challenging year for Bernadette Clement.   Her first two political elections were resounding successes as Cornwall City Councilor, but then she made the move to the Federal scene.    The fully bilingual and personable lawyer was wooed at all levels of government as a potentialContinue Reading

CFN – Tsiionhiakwatha (Droulers Archeological Site), Tsiiontoratstha (Lake Saint-Francis National Wildlife Reserve) and Ionkwanikonriio (Thompson Island Youth Camp) all have a long history of educating the public on their own about the Iroquois cultural heritage and environmental conservation. Earlier this year, they combined their resources and experiences to develop an eco-tourism project that earnedContinue Reading

CFN – The Ontario Provincial Junior Weightlifting Championship was held this weekend in Toronto and an athlete from Cornwall`s Caveman Strong gym has qualified for the Nationals.   Fifteen year old Kelly McGillis finished in second place in her weight category which solidified her spot on the Ontario team.  McGillisContinue Reading

CFN – The Annual Akwesasne Basket Drive is anticipating another year of caring and sharing for families throughout the community. Every year the drive provides families in Akwesasne with holiday meals, gifts and family events that can be enjoyed by all. This year, the committee is excited to announce theContinue Reading

CFN – Construction of a new outdoor rink measuring approximately 50′ x 110′ is nearing completion in the Arnold Bethune Memorial Park in Long Sault, a park which is also home to the Long Sault ball diamond, wading pool, playground, and soccer park.  The project was officially proposed to the TownshipContinue Reading

CFN – JASON STUART celebrates with laughter at the 20th annual Winter PRIDE festival in Whistler British Columbia. . “Im the Daddy and I have Candy” Comedy Tour heads North to Gay Whistlers WinterPRIDE Gay & Lesbian Ski/Snowboard week to headline the Comedy Show. . Thursday February 9th, 2012 in Canada!Continue Reading