Friends of the Port Theatre or Foes?

Friends of the Port Theatre or Foes?

L I N K I love the Port Theatre.   I fell in love the first day I saw her.    When she was listed for sale a few years ago I met the current owner who has essentially worked there his entire adult life. I encouraged him to purchase the theatre chiefly because I couldn’t see […]

NDP Nomination Meeting Drums Up the CASH

NDP Nomination Meeting Drums Up the CASH

Another night, another nomination meeting.  This one served up some really good carrot cake though. It was all Darlene Jalbert last night at the Navy Club.  Surrounded by party faithful and committed volunteers Ms Jalbert enters her second attempt to unseat local MP Guy Lauzon. Cornwall City Councilor Elaine MacDonald led off in welcoming Darlene […]

New Polling Service Coming to Area

New Polling Service Coming to Area

We are going to be working with a new outfit that offer’s polling services to groups and companies.  From Politics to Product Marketing, local, regional or even world wide;  Polls can make or  break your business model or campaign. Email info@cornwallfreenews.com for more information. please visit our sponsors: Please follow and like us:

Thanks to our Sponsors We’ve Been Able to Upgrade

Thanks to our Sponsors We’ve Been Able to Upgrade

Thanks to our current and new sponsors we’ve been able to upgrade our web hosting service.  So if you notice the site loading a tad faster it’s thanks to you viewing and inspiring these businesses and services to invest in our community newspaper’s future! Keep up the good work and we’ll try and keep improving […]

So I was Talking with Dennis Carr….

So I was Talking with Dennis Carr….

So I was talking with Cornwall City Councilor Dennis Carr last week, who btw, is a great guy to talk to, especially if you are talking about Cornwall and its future, or Golf. The man has vision as we poured over some of the plans on his desk.    It’s not easy to be part of […]

How many cars can the Bridge Hold?

How many cars can the Bridge Hold?

This shot was taken from Second Street by Cornwall BBQ.    You can see how far traffic is backed up.     How much weight can this bridge carry in a traffic jam.   It’s much different than when vehicles are moving. Is it time to get this mess fixed or do we wait until something tragic happens? In […]

Rock the Vote 2009 Shakes Murphy’s Inn

Rock the Vote 2009 Shakes Murphy’s Inn

Rock the Vote is one wild party!   Sponsored by The Cornwall District Labour Council and the Brain Child of the Cornwall Underground’s Jason Setnyk and City Councilor Elaine MacDonald it was a super party with a over 20 performers and speakers including Cornwall’s own, Fathom Ties. NDP Candidate to be Darlene Jalbert introduced many of […]

Do you like the way this site looks?

Do you like the way this site looks?

Hi Cornwall and the World.    We know that many of you read this paper every day so we want your input as we’re looking at doing a makeover in the not so distant future. What features, colors, and options would you like to see.   We’re a community Newspaper so now is the chance for you […]

More Tobacco Busts – RCMP Friday Press Release Friday August 21, 2009

More Tobacco Busts – RCMP Friday Press Release Friday August 21, 2009

9 People Arrested for Possession of Contraband Tobacco (South Glengarry, Ontario -Friday August 21st, 2009) – The RCMP working with various law enforcement agencies have arrested 9 people who each face a charge for possession of a tobacco product not properly stamped under authority of the Excise Act 2001. The tobacco product is believed to […]

Bernadette Clément To Run Against Guy Lauzon in the Next Federal Election

Bernadette Clément To Run Against Guy Lauzon in the Next Federal Election

Tomorrow there’s a press conference scheduled for 12:15 at The Best Western in the dining room where it is expected that Cornwall City Councilor Ms Bernadette Clément will be the uncontested Liberal candidate in the next Federal election for our riding. Ms Clément could not be reached for comment.  It’s been a long process as […]

Rock The Vote! This Sunday at Murphy’s Inn

Rock The Vote!  This Sunday at Murphy’s Inn

Jason Setnyk from The Cornwall Underground and our occasional writer/photog sent in this release and the images.  See you all at Murphy’s Inn on Sunday! This Sunday August 23rd at Murphy’s Inn marks the sixth annual Rock the Vote, a concert that promotes voting to a younger demographic. “Civic responsibilities like voting, volunteering in the […]