Hockey Pad Site – Is it toxic?

Hockey Pad Site – Is it toxic?

I’m going to email the rest of council and the Mayor and hopefully we get some answers or positions regarding the site for the arena. This was just released by Councilor Mark MacDonald.  Further to the issue I tried to raise at our last Council Mtg., let me be very clear.  We were led to […]

Health Care Rally in Cornwall – UPDATE

Health Care Rally in Cornwall – UPDATE

L I N K It wasn’t raining that hard.   According to the minimal crowd in front of Jim Brownell’s office this morning people must be very happy with their healthcare system; especially here in Cornwall.   Less than 200 people attended the rally set for 11AM. Apathy kills more people than Cancer; or a faulty Medicare […]

Tobacco Bust Round Up

Tobacco Bust Round Up

Hummer Seized and Ottawa and Toronto Resident Arrested for Possession of Contraband Tobacco CORNWALL, ON, April 16 /CNW/ – A 19 year old female driver from Ottawa, Ontario and a 24 year old male passenger from Toronto, Ontario face charges for possession of a tobacco product not properly stamped under authority of the Excise Act […]

Missing Cat – New Cat Trapping Program in Cornwall.

Missing Cat – New Cat Trapping Program in Cornwall.

L I N K In 2008, Bishop was able to humanely trap 118 feral cats, which the vets spayed or neutered to help reduce the number of cats being born homeless in the Cornwall area. More than 2,000 cats were admitted to the Boundary Road OSPCA shelter in 2007, a fact that helped convince hospital […]

Hey Cornwall! Email us your news, events, and Issues

Have a beef?  Someone do something amazingly nice you want to share? Upset at the G20 or price of gas?  Is it someone’s Birthday?   Email is at info@cornwallfreenews.com or canvid@hotmail.com with your news story or release. Bands, Artists, Groups, Charities, The Cornwall Free News is here to help. This is your online newspaper so feel […]

Union Holding Job Fair for Hospital Construction Jobs

Union Holding Job Fair for Hospital Construction Jobs

L I N K On May 6, The Christian Labour Association of Canada is inviting electricians, plumbers, pipefitters and sheet metal workers to the Ramada Inn to learn about the hospital project and other potential projects in eastern Ontario. A spokesperson for CLAC said the job fair will give local workers a chance to learn […]

Anyone else Defrauded by All Star Roofing (Paul Maurice Landry)?

Anyone else Defrauded by All Star Roofing (Paul Maurice Landry)?

If you received a flyer in your mail box from All Star Roofing last Spring odds are you may be a victim of Paul Maurice Landry. Mr. Landry has been charged, or to be charged with several counts of fraud for taking deposits for Roofing jobs that he never started in the Cornwall and Morrisburg […]

No Gay Pride Fest for Cornwall in 2009

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT The most recent meeting of Pride/Fierté Cornwall’s executive committee was held on April 2nd where, after much honest discussion, it was decided not to stage a Pride festival in 2009. The current economic climate played an obvious role in our decision. More importantly, though, Pride 2008 saw a marked decrease in attendance from […]

Latest Area Tobacco News

Latest Area Tobacco News

The Gazette is running a follow up story about the Government cracking down on SMUGGLING Blackburn’s announcement comes after an investigation by The Gazette revealing the contraband industry has roared back to life after being nearly eradicated in the 1990s when federal and provincial governments dealt it a blow by lowering taxes, pushing smokers back […]

Don’t Donate to Door to Door Canvassers

Don’t Donate to Door to Door Canvassers

L I N K Here’s a link to a local story, but personally I don’t like to give to charity that comes to my door any longer.     One, you never really know if they’re legit and two, I hate strangers showing up at my door. Tanya Elliott, director of communications for the Canadian Red Cross […]

Thanks Cornwall and the World!

Thanks Cornwall and the World!

Thanks to everyone who has read this site and shared with anyone else.   Our March numbers were up 146% over our February numbers. If we can keep that up a lot of people will be reading this site soon! We had over 2000 page views for March. Thanks to all of our sponsors so far, […]

Battling Through the Smoke – Illegal Cigarettes

Battling Through the Smoke – Illegal Cigarettes

Two strong pieces about the Illegal Cigarette trade.   This is a major issue.  Basically after shaking down the tobacco companies the whole trade went to Native and Organized Crime interest. We are paying for the health burden of a now basically unregulated or tested product.   Not only that we are paying for a half attempted […]

Cornwall’s Casa Paolo reviewed in NY Newspaper

Cornwall’s Casa Paolo reviewed in NY Newspaper

L I N K Congrats to local Italian eatery Casa Paolo (1600 Vincent Massey Drive) received a glowing review in The Watertown Daily News.   Click the link to check it out. While not my favorite Italian food in the area it is a lovely place for a good meal. please visit our sponsors:

Guy Lauzon having another Passport Clinic

Guy Lauzon having another Passport Clinic

MP Guy Lauzon is hosting another Passport clinic.   During the last election it was raised that his Passport Clinics have been over charging for photos.   Here’s hoping that nobody at this clinic will have to pay over $10 for the photo; otherwise this is just a cash grabbing gouge fest in Mr. Lauzon’s name. L […]