LINK to Mike Peeling’s Story in the Standard Freeholder. I can tell you as someone who is looking for work in Cornwall the market is brutal; unless you’re a cronie of some politician 😉 What jobs there are, are low paying and nearly abusive.  I know one local company thatContinue Reading

If you have ever eaten at Burger King here in Cornwall odds are it was owned by the Larry Keen Group; an Ontario firm that owns several restaurants. As of this month most of their restaurants have been sold to a large US firm specializing in food and hospitality. RecentlyContinue Reading

According to a Fraser Institute report French area schools are getting better results than English one.   Click the LINK for the full story. Officials with the region’s two English-language school boards said that while EQAO data is an important tool for improving student learning, the Fraser Institute’s ranking system isContinue Reading

LINK Tough new laws are to be in place here in Ontario with the passing of new laws.    Hopefully they will have some checks and balances as I’ve already heard some horror stories from OSPCA implementation regarding a few “cat ladies” who may end up losing their homes as wellContinue Reading

More tobacco arrests in the area.     LINK RCMP seized nearly 6,000 resealable bags of cigarettes from a garage and a van parked near a Williamstown residence in South Glengarry early last week. A 38-year-old and a 50-year-old, both from Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia, and four younger man, aged between 20Continue Reading

FOR MORE RESTO REVIEWS CLICK HERE Wow, I found a blogger out there reviewing some of Cornwall’s finer eateries.    I’m going to be doing this too, but thought I’d see how you folks appreciate this person’s reviews.  What do you think of this Blogger’s reviews?  And if you have aContinue Reading

LINK Big sting here in Cornwall by the RCMP. The weeklong blitz, which wrapped up Monday, saw officers seize 19 vehicles, 21,000 bags and cartons of cigarettes and nearly 900 kilograms of fine-cut tobacco. Police also say they found US$260,000 in one vehicle. Please visit our sponsors:Continue Reading

LINK Interesting letter to the editor in the Standard Freeholder today.   Our taxes are high on our house too, but if we were in Ottawa they’d be higher.     Cornwall faces some interesting challenges as a small city.   Let’s see if I can get a City Councillor to respond to thisContinue Reading

Due to overwhelming demand the Justin Trudeau  Community Breakfast (Saturday March 14th from 8:30-10:30) has had to change the location to the Cornwall Civic Complex Salons A-C. People can still order tickets by contacting Denis at 613 346 5416 or e-mail m3011@glen-net.ca or check out the Liberal riding association websiteContinue Reading