We’ve been Accepted by Google News! Online Radio coming soon!

We’ve been Accepted by Google News! Online Radio coming soon!

You will be able to find and read our entries via Google News shortly as we were just accepted by the Online Giant!  It should take a few weeks to be fully indexed. Thanks to all of you who read and support us as we couldn’t have taken this step without all of your support. […]

Labour Day Rally in Lamoureux Parc – Darlene, Bernadette, and Zelda!

Labour Day Rally in Lamoureux Parc – Darlene, Bernadette, and Zelda!

Over 1000 people today were treated to a star studded Labour Day afternoon in  Lamoureux Parc.   City Councilors Glen Grant,  Bernadette Clement, Elaine MacDonald, Kim Baird, Syd Gardiner, and Miss Gay National Capital Zelda Marshall  joined NDP Candidate Darlene Jalbert  who hosted a day of entertainment, good food, good company, and a fine march around […]

Joe Gunn – Need to Buy or sell a Property ? Call the Expert

Joe Gunn –  Need to Buy or sell a Property ?  Call the Expert

Advertisement Joe is your online resource for home buying, home selling, financing, and property listings. Whether it’s a house, condo, cottage, or apartment, he can assist you with your real estate needs. Joe has been in the real estate business for over 25 years, a community leader and is well respected within the industry. Click […]

Pow Wow Update and How to get your FREE TICKETS!

Pow Wow Update and How to get your FREE TICKETS!

One week to go to the 2009 Akwesasne POW WOW The Standard Freeholder printed a nice story Friday L I N K “The 9th annual Akwesasne International Powwow will highlight a collection of astonishing native dancers, drummers and artisans from the region in a two-day event meant for one and all. “This is an invitation […]

I’ll be at Lamoureux Parc on Labour Day for the Picnic – Will You?

I’ll be at Lamoureux Parc on Labour Day for the Picnic – Will You?

What a terrific concept and event.    Labour day in the parc, food and entertainment sponsored by local unions and the Cornwall & District Labour Council and hosted by Cornwall’s very own Elaine MacDonald. John Divinski wrote a super article in the Seaway News this week.  Click the link to read full details.  L I N […]

Guess who I bumped into at Breakfast? Bernadette Clement & Jim Brownell

Guess who I bumped into at Breakfast? Bernadette Clement & Jim Brownell

Busy Friday.    I thought I’d drop in and do a resto review for Spinners and ended up bumping into our area’s Hardest working politician, MPP Jim Brownell, and Federal Liberal Candidate and Cornwall City Councilor Bernadette Clément.  Ms Clément, on her way to work as a long time Public Defender here in Cornwall, took a […]

Paws For Hope Walk a Thon – Ontario Cancer Society – September 20 Gray’s Creek Conservation Area

Paws For Hope Walk a Thon – Ontario Cancer Society – September 20 Gray’s Creek Conservation Area

If you click the poster above it will take you directly to the SD&G Homepage Bring your family and your furry, four-legged friend and walk with us to help fight cancer! Gray’s Creek Conservation Area Boundary Road, Cornwall, Ontario Sunday, September 20, 2009 Registration at 9 a.m. Walk begins at 9:30 a.m. rain or shine. […]

NAV CAN Lands Technical Security Conference April 18-21

NAV CAN Lands Technical Security Conference April 18-21

Congrats to Nav Can on bringing in this conference.  From the Press Release: “Cornwall Ontario Canada – The Professional Development TSCM Group Inc., and the Technical Security Branch (TSB) are pleased to announce the 5th annual three (3) day, Canadian Technical Security Conference (CTSC). CTSC 2010 is primarily sponsored by Professional Development TSCM Group Inc., […]

The Cornwall Free News in Franchising Negotiations

The Cornwall Free News in Franchising Negotiations

I figured I’d get the scoop on our paper’s news before someone else covered it.   We are in negotiation to franchise out The Cornwall Free News to two other Eastern Ontario cities.     This is amazing news for the paper as it will give us some resources to help build and grow. Thanks again to all […]

Glen Grant, a man of principle and Habs Fan

Glen Grant, a man of principle and Habs Fan

I have some Conservative roots.   I also love hockey.   So when the opportunity arose to sit down with the Cornwall City Councilor and our MP’s campaign manager I decided to take it. And honestly I was surprised and impressed by my encounter with Glen Grant.   We’re both Habs fans so we started on a good […]

Cornwall Standard Freeholder and Building for Sale?

Cornwall Standard Freeholder and Building for Sale?

Several employees have been rumbling that the Freeholder is officially up for sale building and all.   While there have been job trimmings (could that be why there were no reporters from the Freeholder at either the Liberal 0r NDP nomination meetings?) no official word has been confirmed as of the printing of this story. Hopefully […]