Hmm…election drama dies down, government goes on the war path.   Here’s a press release from the MCA released today. For immediate release: Seskehko:wa/ September 18, 2009 For information contact: Mohawk Government Office Mohawk Council of Akwesasne Tel: (613) 575-2348 AKWESASNE LEADERSHIP RESPONDS TO CBSA ATTACK AGAINST COMMUNITY MEMBERS Akwesasne —ThisContinue Reading

Busy week for the Tobacco Police.  11 incidents reported.   RCMP report: “The following details are seizures from September 10th to September 17th.  A total of 9,450 cartons/resealable bags of contraband cigarettes, 302 kilograms of fine cut tobacco, 8 vehicles, 1 boat and 1 trailer were seized.  A total of 10Continue Reading

I was at the Farmer’s Market on George Assaly lane today.   Super market; nice weather;  I love Reg’s Coffee and some Buffalo Jerky (they have a spicy one with some kick) and I was talking about how it’s nice to shop local and advertise locally. I was corrected.    I shouldContinue Reading

If you call the Penny Grader number you will sadly see that this local institution of 14 years has shuttered close.     Ed Lauzon could not be reached for comment.  No cause for the shut down has been given although the newspaper had been for sale. If you are looking forContinue Reading