Where to find us this busy Weekend in Cornwall! Farmers’ Market George Assaly Lane – 2009 Cornwall Fall Home & Harvest Show Cornwall Civic Complex Hot Dog & Sausage Fund Raiser for the Cornwall Dog Park

Where to find us this busy Weekend in Cornwall!   Farmers’ Market George Assaly Lane – 2009 Cornwall Fall Home & Harvest Show Cornwall Civic Complex Hot Dog & Sausage Fund Raiser for the Cornwall Dog Park

We need helpers here at The Cornwall Free News.  I’m trying to figure out how to be at all the events I want to cover, write the stories that need to be written, and somehow chase down some new sponsors! Today you can find me at The 2009 Home & Harvest show after 5PM at […]

Song of our Ancestors – Carolyn Thompson – Poetry Prize from this years Cornwall Public Library and Cornwall and Regional Writer’s Society Awards

Song of our Ancestors – Carolyn Thompson – Poetry Prize from this years Cornwall Public Library and Cornwall and Regional Writer’s Society Awards

We at The Cornwall Free News want to help promote the Arts in our area.   We’re proud to print Ms Carolyn Thompson’s winning poem from this years Cornwall Public Library and Regional Writer’s Society Awards. “In 1784 a group of people came to begin new lives in what is now Ontario. There were three main […]

Are You in a Turkey Kind of Mood? Chefs Prepare Turkey at the 2009 Home & Harvest Show CORNWALL ONTARIO October 2-4

Chefs Prepare For Thanksgiving With Thanksgiving fast approaching, The Chamber’s Fall Home & Harvest Show team of talented chefs have got some tasty ideas as families plan that special dinner. While many of us have a traditional recipe we bring out each fall, perhaps a little innovation is in order and what better place than […]

Hmm – Standard Free Holder pulling articles

No Article Home Article Not Found Article Not Found We’re sorry. The article you are looking for cannot be found. That’s what I’m getting when looking for an article or two of late on the Standard Free Holder.   Previously they would just bury a story, but now they are removing stories about Akwesasne in their […]

City and CBSA to Enter Financial Agreement

City and CBSA to Enter Financial Agreement

The Standard Freeholder is reporting on an agreement between the CBSA and the City.   L I N K “City council is expected to enter into an agreement with the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) tonight which will see the municipality reimbursed for expenses incurred since the facility was opened July 13, as well as any […]

“We Need Answers Today” Syd Gardiner on Seaway International Bridge Crisis – Peter Van Loan and Guy Lauzon

“We Need Answers Today” Syd Gardiner on Seaway International Bridge Crisis – Peter Van Loan and Guy Lauzon

I caught up with Acting Cornwall Mayor Syd Gardiner at the Parade of Nations yesterday. We apologize for the poor sound quality as the music in the background makes it difficult to hear, but his message is loud and clear regarding his position on what’s happening with the bridge crisis. Kudos for Syd for being […]